Wednesday, November 17, 2010

E-Wallpaper : Ibalong Festival



Hey, its almost mid term and I'd like to show you my E-Wallpaper. An assignment us FCM students have been researching and designing since the start of the semester. My E-Wallpaper is of the Ibalong Festival which you can learn more by reading my previous post here. Now, lets see how I design this very simple yet quite the eye-catcher wallpaper. 



I first start off by opening my desired background. As you can see, its still plain and has not been edited whatsoever.



Afterwards, I created a new layer to type in "IBALONG" using the Horizontal Type Tool


Now here is the best part. Here you could see I've open a new picture and paste it on the background. What I'd like to do now is put the picture into the text "IBALONG". This will create a very interesting fiery effect to the text. To do so I selected Create Clipping Mask. Let's see if I've succeeded...




Viola ! Marvelous isn't it? But I'm way far from done. 
 
Credits to this guy for the clipping mask tutorial.

Again, using the Horizontal Type Tool. I type in the story behind the festival which is " Honoring Baltog, Handiong, Bantong freeing Old Bicol". Now that's done, I can move on forward with the next step.


Using the Rectangle Tool, I stretched out a rectangle taking a summable space from the background. Next, I lower down the rectangle's opacity to 80%. Why I did this? I'll explain more as we go on. 


Ahaa ! That's one messy picture isn't it ? Let's clean it up abit.


Now, that's better. What you just saw is the main four picture I choose which I thought best describe the festival. After all, what is a festival if it isn't filled with mesmerizing colours, rite? 

After I close the visibility of the other three previous pictures, I use Free Transform to resize the picture of that wonderful girl. I repeated the process with the three remaining pictures too till I'm most satisfied. 


Yes ! Nice huh ? We are almost at the end. The last thing I'd do now is decrease its brightness just a tinsy bit, to highlight the colours at the centre. 



There it is. My E-Wallpaper, simple yet quite the eye-catcher. Hope you like it. Thanks. 



1 comment: